Lessons From A Hurricane
Some hard earned advice from surviving numerous hurricanes
1) Coffee and frozen pizzas can be made on a BBQ grill.
2) TV/Internet is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.
3) Hurricanes are like Christmas- either way you are getting a tree in your house.
4) A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Budweiser’s to a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14-pound turkey frozen for 8 more hours.
5) Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.
6) People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
7) Hurricanes do keep the mailman from his appointed rounds.
8) Cell phones sometimes work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.
9) Twenty-seven of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!
10) He who has the biggest generator wins.